More than 10 years of hands-on approach to technology: freelancing, small shops, big corps, international consultancy and Silicon Valley startup.
Self-taught software engineer and human design enthusiast. I strive for easy, clear and automated, so we have more time to be ourselves.
I value and promote lean and transparent work processes, engaged user centered design and sustainable lifestyle.
- Email - email@example.com
- GitHub - https://github.com/command3r
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/rafb3
- Phone - +31 0 6 2413 3443
Recent Past Experience
Doximity | 2013-16
Network and communications platform for US health-care professionals with more than 250.000 users, and 2⁄3 of US physicians.
I worked as full-stack developer, agile consultant, presented tech-talks, mentored new hires and junior developers.
As automation and TDD evangelist, helped raise test coverage from < 45% to > 80%.
As user evangelist, consulted on front-end accessibility and performance.
- Rails development high-reliability mobile chat backend, to support communications of health-care providers during shifts, integrating internal and external services;
- Golang of mobile push notifications service with REST API serving > 350.000 events/day for 2 different apps in both Android and iOS, using AWS SNS backend;
- Rails development of content publishing platform serving > 150.000 reads/day, on web, under 200ms, and on mobile apps via Hal-JSON API. Using ElasticSearch and Redis;
ThoughtWorks | 2011-2013
Vanguard agile software consultancy and Social Justice agent, > 3500 consultants worldwide. At the time a little over a year of presence in Brazil.
I worked as full-stack developer and agile consultant.
I worked on a 2 months project rescue, implementing agile practices w/ 5 people client team to define value deliveries with stakeholders and raise quality standards with CI, pair programming and TDD.
I helped start a new office, conducted > 40 interviews, among video conf, in-office meetings and bootcamp events, in which I also gave talks on technical topics.
- Rails development of content publishing platform and website for major Brazil travel magazines, led front-end performance reviews and optimizations;
- C#.NET development of gas scheduling for major US energy company, led functional design for the distribution algorithms, which helped rules to be developed iteratively and added to a flexible control structure;
Dell | 2009-2011
Among first 5 hires of the Web Development team in Brazil to build the then Next Generation dell.com website UI with distributed teams in US, Canada and India.
I worked as front-end developer and interviewed > 10 candidates for senior positions for fast growing team.
As an agile evangelist, I helped my team to implement processes that reduced our cycle time significantly.
I was awarded a Scrum Alliance training for Certified Scrum Product Owner in 2010 as Effective Collaborator, and then worked as a PO for the e-commerce UI for 1 year.
- Web development for C#.NET backend e-ecommerce and Sharepoint content platform
- Design and specification of user interface components with business, brand and web development and design stakeholders, observing interaction, performance, accessibility and reusability;
|year||@ age||of notice||domain||team size||backend languages|
|2016||27||Resigned for a sabattical and wanting to work in-loco with a team||?||?||?|
|2015||26||Married Natalia Arsand, crafty designer from Brazil, and moved to Amsterdam||Personal|
|2014‑16||25‑27||Still at Doximity.com, developing HIPAA compliant mobile chat and push notification service; Traveling around Brazil||Health-Care, Communications||< 10, Remote||Ruby, Golang|
|2013‑14||24‑25||Working remote for Silicon Valley Doximity.com, spending 2-3 months per year at HQ in SF||Health-Care, Publishing, Agile Coach||< 5, Remote||Ruby|
|2012‑13||23‑24||Still at ThoughtWorks, opening new office in North-East Brazil while consulting for Major Oil Company in US||Energy Distribution, Hiring, Architecture||> 10, Distributed||C#.NET|
|2011‑12||21‑22||As a consultant for ThoughtWorks, working for Major Publishing Enterprise in Brazil||Publishing, Agile Coach, Project Rescue||> 10||Ruby|
|2010||20||Still at Dell.com, leading UI development team as Scrum Product Owner||E-Commerce, Hiring, Agile Coach, Entrepreneurship||> 10, Distributed|
|2009||19||Developing UI for new Dell.com with a distributed team||E-Commerce||> 10, Distributed||C#.NET|
|2007||18||Developing internal tracking tool for ERP consultants at JPC Solutions||Time Tracking||< 5||PHP|
|2006‑7||17‑18||Designing custom websites as freelancer, direct contact to sell and train customers; Working with tight deadlines at ad agency Perverte Design||Entrepreneurship||< 5||PHP|
|2005||16||My daughter is born, healthy and <3||Personal|
|2003‑4||14‑15||Developing and selling dynamic site templates with my uncle||Entrepreneurship||2||Flash, ActionScript|